Monday, April 3, 2017

Long Form Media

          The East, deals with a span of eco terrorists and undercover agent "Sarah" goes to eradicate them yet becomes sympathetic towards her captor's cause. I wanted to finish the film in class, and plan to at some point. It reminded me of long form television with the music and fast passage of time, and with the amount we saw in class,  could see this film being 8 to 12 episodes long. My favorite part about these series is the story arcs I sometimes feel that feature films are either too long or too short and it can be difficult to find a happy medium in the amount of information given in a film. In long form television it is a lot easier to hold long complicated stories, and one can show multiple story lines with equal complexity.

          Stranger Things is the series I decided to watch, mainly because I haven't watched it since it came out and season 2 is coming out Halloween. I love the series, I find the way they set up the characters and the time the series has to let the audience gets to know the characters and really sympathize with them. My favorite character was Eleven and she isn't even really featured till a few episodes in, and I also love Will mom for she does such a great job in her role. The audience truly sympathizes with her, and I can't imagine how a mother must relate and I still can feel the pain of her character without having kids. I do have a cat though, that I love very much and thats how I related to her relentless work in finding Will. The main kids in the series are amazing too, not only the acting, but how relatable they are. I cannot think of another show that shows a group of kids so well, to the point where we understand how they think, what they believe in, their priorities, and to truly care about them in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment